The weather in the Sacred Valley has average temperatures of 20 degrees C (68F).
There are 2 seasons: Dry and Rainy
June is the driest month, January is the most wet month.
The weather fluctuates; it gets cold at night, rainy during the wet season, and mildly hot when the sun is out. The sun is VERY strong as we are near the equator and will most likely always want a light covering for your skin.
Recommended Packing List (Bring enough for 7-10 days):
Highly recommend comfortable and loose fitting clothes. You will most likely wear clothes during the day that differ from your ceremony wear.
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Loose fitting, long sleeved shirts
- 1-2 pairs pants for hikes (lighter is better)
- Casual/active attire
- Multiple Warm sweatshirts
- Warm pants/and skirts for ceremony
- Sweat pants or long underwear (good for layers in ceremony)
- Warm Coat/jacket
- Additional warm jacket to wear around the fire pit
- Rain jacket for the rainy season
- Socks & Undies (Warm Socks for night and ceremony recommended)
- Sun hat and Warm Beanie for night
- Passport (valid for at least six months)
- Money belt/passport, wallet
- USD 300-500 in $20-100 notes (for souvenirs, meals in Cusco/Pisac, and when you are not at the retreat, etc.)
- Travel/Medical insurance information
- Notify financial institution of travel plans
- Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended)
- Handheld small flashlight
- Water bottle
- Toiletries (your own soap, shampoo, tooth paste etc Organic and Natural is recommended but not necessary)
- Notebook / Journal – very important
- Reliable pens
- Personal reading material
- Swimsuit (for sweat lodge when applicable)
- Hiking Shoes
- Your remaining balance and costs for optional services